May 23, 2009

Stone as Art

When we think of adding stone to the garden it is usually in a utilitarian format;walls, steps, paths.
The mastery of stone building is an ancient craft of which I have great respect. As time goes on I will have many topics on stone, but in today's post I wish to share images of using stone solely in an artistic manner.
Creative pass-thru

For the kids.......


Love this! Slate patio squares cut bolted into a planter.



The 'old world' look, or the "I did it myself" ps; personally I prefer the 'tumble any minute' versus machine cut, stack by numbers look.



More of I did it myself! Perfect for alpine plants.



The blend of stone and architectural elements, an artistic marriage of form and function.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...