May 23, 2012

Two Phillip Phillips?

Every now and then I succumb to a reality show, rarely American Idol. But this one was different.

When I heard on the radio belly laughs about a contestant named Phillips Phillips I chuckled to myself, "there is actually someone else that named their child that?!" Some one else? Yes, my brother in law is a Phillip Phillips.......born in 1966, get it? Phillips 66 gas, remember that?


Then a phone call, from Phillip, "he is our second cousin!" Apparently their Grandfathers were brothers but the family split over a sister tragically murdered. Why they split, no one remembers. But I should have known, who else but the Phillips clan from southwest Georgia would do that! So, tonight I watched, and cheered this young man onwards, he won!


Enjoy
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...